Blue Question Mark Icons in A/R Programs
Bill Rankin
2009-02-05 05:25:49 UTC
I have one computer that displays blues shield icons with a white question
mark in the Add or Remove Programs list for all the Service Pack entries for
Framework 2.0 and 3.0. Earlier and later versions on this list have the
standard icon.

This happened sometime after I installed Framework 3.5 SP1. It may have
happened after I uninstalled OneCare. I plan on testing this weekend. I
have five other systems with 3.5 SP1 that have the standard icons for all
the Framework entries on the A/R list.

I have not gotten any errors from any applications that run on this
computer.

Has any one seen this before.

Bill-R
Mary Smith
2010-11-19 20:17:34 UTC
http://vbcity.com/forums/t/149208.aspx

Similar post (see above) on 2/11/2008. I have the same problem. No answers found online yet.

Anyone??
Post by Bill Rankin
I have one computer that displays blues shield icons with a white question
mark in the Add or Remove Programs list for all the Service Pack entries for
Framework 2.0 and 3.0. Earlier and later versions on this list have the
standard icon.
This happened sometime after I installed Framework 3.5 SP1. It may have
happened after I uninstalled OneCare. I plan on testing this weekend. I
have five other systems with 3.5 SP1 that have the standard icons for all
the Framework entries on the A/R list.
I have not gotten any errors from any applications that run on this
computer.
Has any one seen this before.
Bill-R
Submitted via EggHeadCafe